Monday, October 12, 2009

I get it, we don't have to agree politically on anything at all. But we DO as Christians, have an obligation to love one another. If that is what loving your neighbor is, please don't love me.

What happened to #1 love the lord your God with all your heart, and #2 love your neighbor as yourself. Do you really think that attitude is showing people the love of Jesus Christ. I don't think so. I am so sick and tired of apologizing for other Christians behavior. If I am trying to share the gospel with someone but all I hear about is how awful they have been treated by Christians. How do I have ANY right to tell them that you can't judge God by human behavior because we are not perfect. Clearly we are not perfect but it's as though we aren't even trying.

It makes me feel like I'M the hypocrite for calling myself a Christian. Because I'm not. Not like that! I love the Lord and I want to show people the life that Jesus Christ has given us. I want to serve others regardless of their political beliefs, sexual orientation, social class, addiction, marital history, or criminal history. I feel like I can't even plant a seed because someone is following behind plucking every one as it's planted. Tell me then, with a church so divided, how on earth are we supposed to reach people when we, ourselves, are butting heads??

No comments: